Competition will take place on Saturday March 27.
This year the competition is virtual. Some details are given below:
- Instructions on which platform we will use will be given in January 2021.
- Each school can enter any number of students
- Registration starts November 1, 2020 and closes on Jan. 31, 2021.
- Questions are due to us by January 31, 2021.
- Participation fee of €37 per student is due by Jan 31, 2021.
- The school must arrange for the following set-up:
- A room with separate tables. Each students uses one table and must be at least 1.5 meters away from any other student.
- A computer with loudspeakers
- A projector and screen
- A camera placed at the front of the room where every participant can be seen.
- A scanner
- For 3 – 6 students, there should be at least 2 teachers running the event
For 7 or more students, there should be at least 3 teachers.
- Enough copies of answer sheets printed and ready to be distributed. We will provide an electronic copy before the competition.
(In case of a lockdown please see below)
- There will be and individual part that will start at 9:30 and will end at approximately 11:30.
- We will show each set of 5 questions for 10 minutes at the end of which teachers will collect answer sheets. (50 multiple choice questions)
- Teachers to collect answer sheets at the end of 10 minutes.
- At the end of the individual part teachers will scan the answer sheets and upload them to us – details will be sent earlier than the day.
- 30 minutes lunch break
In case of a lockdown:
The individual competition will be run as follows:
Every participant must use her/his computer
Competition will start promptly at the announced time.
Every question will be shown for 2 minutes at the end of which the participant must upload the answer. If any delay of more than 10 seconds happens, the answer will be considered blank
- The team part will start at 12:30 and will end at approximately 14:30
- Every team of 3 students will share one table
- We will show every set of 3 questions for 15 minutes at the end of which teachers will collect answer sheets.
- At the end of the team part teachers will scan the answer sheets and upload them to us – details will be sent earlier than the day.
In case of a lockdown
- We will create a virtual meeting room for every team.
- The 3 questions for every round will be shown for 15 minutes at the end of which the team will upload 3 answers to the questions.
- If any delay of more than 10 seconds happens, the round will earn zero points.
- At the end of day, we will send the answer key. Teachers will mark their students answer sheets and send the results. We then compare our results with teachers’ results to check the accuracy of the results. On Sunday, March 28, 2021. Final results will be sent to schools without ranking, and the top 20 students in the whole competition will be announced as well as the top 10 teams.
- Trophies to the top three individuals as well as medals for the top 10 students will be sent to the winners.
- Trophies to the top three teams will also be sent.
- Upon receipt of trophies and medal schools will take photos of the winners and send them to us and we publish them. If any school/student do not want their photos to be published, we will respect their wish.